Earn Union Bank Reward Points every time you use your Credit Card with no extra charges.
How to earn rewards
|01 point for every Rs. 200 spent*||01 point for every Rs. 100 spent||02 point for every Rs.100 spent|
*at selected merchant outlets
Purchases made using Point of Sale (POS) transactions and e-Commerce transactions are entitled to earn reward points.
Rewards Terms and Conditions
- Points would not be accrued for charges and specific types of transactions as determined by the Bank, including Cash transactions, Balance Transfer transactions, Installment transactions, fees, and interest.
- Points would be accrued to the card based on a calculation method determined by the Bank.
- Adjustments will be made to the Points earned if there are any credits arising from returned goods or services or from billing disputes.
- In the event of a particular transaction being disputed or charged back or reversed for any reason, points accrued from such transactions will be reversed by the Bank.
- Points accrued in the Rewards points program are not the property of the cardholder and they are non-transferable, whether by operation of law or otherwise, either to any other person unless permitted by the Bank in a special programme.
- A summary of Rewards points activities of the card account will be communicated through regular statements. Any disputes on such statement must be communicated to the Bank within 20 days of the statement, failing which it is treated to be in order.
- Points accrued in the Programme Account has no cash or monetary value.
- Only Card Accounts in good standing (i.e. non-delinquent), and active status will be eligible for redemption.
- The Bank will accept redemption requests via telephone, internet banking, mobile banking or any other method the Bank deems fit, and cardholder shall be responsible for such redemption.
- Products/services listed as redemption options are subject to availability. The Bank is not responsible for non-availability of the products / services listed. Such products/services may have a limited validity period for use.
- Any dispute concerning goods or services received as a reward under the Programme shall be settled between the customer and the Service Establishment, which supplied the goods or services. The Bank will bear no responsibility for resolving such disputes or for the dispute itself.
- Points redemption is only allowed to the primary cardholder.
- In the event that the reward takes the form of a gift voucher should the customer purchase goods or services in excess of the value noted on the gift voucher, the customer must settle payment or the difference to the participating service establishment through Union Bank Credit Card.
- The customer can pass the gift voucher redeemed to any person he/she wishes to. The Bank will not be held responsible / liable in any manner whatsoever once the gift voucher has been issued by the Bank and collected either by the customer or his/her nominee from the Bank’s counter or once the voucher has been posted or handed over to the courier to be delivered. The Bank will not be liable for any lost or stolen vouchers.
- The Bank will not be liable for deliveries of gift vouchers via courier service.
- The Bank reserves the right to issue gift vouchers that have a limited validity period. In the event the voucher is not presented at the partner establishment within the validity period stipulated, the Bank will not be held responsible in any manner whatsoever and will not reissue any replacement vouchers.
- Any additional meals, transportation or accommodation arrangements made in connection with any rewards programme will be the sole responsibility of the customer.
- The Bank reserves the right to add or remove or replace any product/service offered as a redemption option in this guide without any prior notice.
- The points earned will have a validity period of 24 months.
- The Bank is not the supplier of any of the products or services redeemed at any of the merchant outlets and will therefore not accept any liability in respect of the quality of the products/services thereto.
- The number of points required for redemption is subject to change without prior notice.
- Changes to redemption requests made and processed will not be accommodated.
- The Bank assumes no responsibility for any loss of whatever nature resulting from the redemption of points.
- The Bank reserves the right to tie up with any other loyalty / reward/ mileage Programme at its own discretion. The conversion rate to such programmes will be decided by the Bank at its own discretion.
- Fraud or any such attempts relating to the earning and pooling of rewards points or redemption orders may result in forfeiture of the accrued rewards points in addition to the Card being withheld/ canceled.
- The Bank can suspend or terminate the Rewards program at any time it deems necessary. In such a case, the Bank shall give advance notice to all cardholder.
- The Bank reserves the right to change the Programme Terms and Conditions at any time.
- If a customer decides to cancel his/her Credit Card Account all points earned will be forfeited. Points forfeited or expired shall not be reinstated.
- In case of any dispute arising out of the Programme the decision of the Bank will be final.
- The Bank’s failure to enforce a particular Term or Condition does not constitute a waiver of that Term or Condition by the Bank.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by Sri Lankan law.
Send us a message.
Call us on
011 5 800 800