Union Bank Credit Card offers you the flexibility to repay your transactions with 0% interest rate in equal monthly instalments.
- Split any purchase above Rs.20,000 to an instalment payment plan
- Make purchasing exotic holidays more affordable through 0% interest with no handling fees
- Select payment plans of 3 months, 6 months and 12 months and 24 months for better financial management
Transferable value range
- Minimum transferrable amount Rs. 20,000/-
- Maximum transferable amount Rs. 500,000/-
How to enroll for the plan
- Simply call our 24-hour Contact Center on 0115 800 800 after the transaction is done.
0% Installment plan – Merchant Promotions
Transactions at following merchant outlets can be converted to 0% installment plan at no additional fees for tenors up to 12 months.
0% Installment plan – Anywhere
You may convert purchases from anywhere in the world if eligible for 0% installment plans, with following additional fees. You may also choose to pay the fees in installments.
Fees for Platinum and Signature cards:
3 months – 3.5% of the transaction amount
6 months – 6% of the transaction amount
12 months – 10% of the transaction amount
24 months – 15% of the transaction amount
Fees for Gold cards:
3 months – 4.5% of the transaction amount
6 months – 7% of the transaction amount
12 months – 11% of the transaction amount
24 months – 16% of the transaction amount
Terms and Conditions
- Only the transactions which are in the current statement, and transactions which have not yet come to the statement are eligible to be converted to the 0% Interest Installment Plan.
- Until the request is received and the transaction is converted by the Bank, any interest already charged on account of the transaction will not be reversed.
- Customer needs to settle the total bill via Union Bank Credit Card(s) to be eligible for the 0% Interest Installment Plan.
- 0% Interest Installment Plan offers cannot be exchanged for cash and/or used in conjunction with any other promotional programmes or offers provided by merchant establishments.
- 0% Interest Installment Plan is offered by Union Bank of Colombo PLC to its Credit Cardholders and can be withdrawn or amended or change all or any of the rules, terms & conditions applicable to this service at any given time without prior notice at any time at the sole discretion of the Bank.
- Two or more transactions in combination and existing outstanding balances will not qualify to be converted to installments under this facility.
- Union Bank of Colombo PLC accepts no liability for the quality of goods and services provided by the merchant establishments involved in transaction(s) as the Bank is not the supplier of such goods and/or services.
- The availability of the 0% Interest Installment Plan to the Cardholder is subject to the available balance in the cardholder’s Credit Card Account.
- The value of each installment shall be debited to the cardholder’s Credit Card Account on a monthly basis and shall be included as a transaction on the Credit Card Account, hence each installment shall be treated in the same way as a transaction charged to the Credit Card account and shall be paid by the Cardholder in the same manner.
- The credit limit on the card account will be reduced/ blocked for the total transaction amount and will be released as and when the monthly installments are billed and paid for in the subsequent months.
- The Cardholder shall pay the entire outstanding amount appearing on the Credit Card statement which includes the installment amount on or before the due date to avoid interest being charged on installment(s).
- The Cardholder acknowledges that the payments made by him/her to his/her Credit Card will be applied in accordance with the payment allocation hierarchy of Union Bank Credit Cards.
- The Cardholder will not earn rewards points on the monthly installment charges.
- The terms and conditions stated herein may change based on the promotional programmes offered.
- The General Terms and Conditions of Union Bank Credit Card will continue to apply.
- If any dispute arises regarding any of the terms and conditions contained herewith, the decision of Union Bank of Colombo PLC shall be final.
Send us a message.
Call us on
011 5 800 800