Union Bank Credit Cards
UNION BANK CREDIT CARD 0% INSTALMENT PLANS
Union Bank Credit Card offers you the flexibility to repay your transactions with 0% interest rate in equal monthly instalments.
- Split any purchase above Rs.10,000 to an instalment payment plan
- Make purchasing exotic holidays more affordable through 0% interest with no handling fees
- Select payment plans of 3 months, 6 months and 12 months for better financial management
Transferable value range
- Minimum transferrable amount Rs. 10,000/-
- Maximum transferable amount Rs. 500,000/-
How to enroll for the plan
- Log-in to your Union Bank Digital Banking portal to convert transactions to the 0% Instalment Payment Plan.
- Or simply call our 24-hour Contact Centre on 0115800800.
Terms and Conditions
- A transaction can be converted to the 0% Interest Instalment Plan only within 3 months from the transaction date.
- Until the request is received and the transaction is converted by the Bank, any interest already charged on account of the transaction will not be reversed.
- Customer needs to settle the total bill via Union Bank Credit Card(s) to be eligible for the 0% Interest Instalment Plan.
- 0% Interest Instalment Plan offers cannot be exchanged for cash and/or used in conjunction with any other promotional programmes or offers provided by merchant establishments.
- 0% Interest Instalment Plan is offered by Union Bank of Colombo PLC to its Credit Cardholders and can be withdrawn or amended or change all or any of the rules, terms & conditions applicable to this service at any given time without prior notice at any time at the sole discretion of the Bank.
- Two or more transactions in combination and existing outstanding balances will not qualify to be converted to instalments under this facility.
- Union Bank of Colombo PLC accepts no liability for the quality of goods and services provided by the merchant establishments involved in transaction(s) as the Bank is not the supplier of such goods and/or services.
- The availability of the 0% Interest Instalment Plan to the Cardholder is subject to the available balance in the cardholder’s Credit Card Account.
- The value of each instalment shall be debited to the cardholder’s Credit Card Account on a monthly basis and shall be included as a transaction on the Credit Card Account, hence each instalment shall be treated in the same way as a transaction charged to the Credit Card account and shall be paid by the Cardholder in the same manner.
- The credit limit on the card account will be reduced/ blocked for the total transaction amount and will be released as and when the monthly instalments are billed and paid for in the subsequent months.
- The Cardholder shall pay the entire outstanding amount appearing on the Credit Card statement which includes the instalment amount on or before the due date to avoid interest being charged on instalment(s).
- The Cardholder acknowledges that the payments made by him/her to his/her Credit Card will be applied in accordance with the payment allocation hierarchy of Union Bank Credit Cards.
- The Cardholder will not earn rewards points on the monthly instalment charges.
- The terms and conditions stated herein may change based on the promotional programmes offered.
- The General Terms and Conditions of Union Bank Credit Card will continue to apply.
- If any dispute arises regarding any of the terms and conditions contained herewith, the decision of Union Bank of Colombo PLC shall be final.